July 2, 2012
July 1, 2012
June 9, 2012
June 8, 2012
I got all 3 of The Balm's Shady Lady volumes. They are kind similar but different. I've been wanting to try their shadows because I have heard so much great things. Such as no fall out, highly pigmented, and easily blendable. Well I have tried it out and I agree except the shadows are a little powdery so there is some fall pit. However, the palettes are the same quality as the single shadows. It's still a great buy. I am a happy girl.
Posted by Cat at 1:03 AM
These are surprised flowers from my love for me. He hand picked each out at the shop and each type of flower has meaning behind it. Sweet isn't he? As for my sickness, I've been coughing and lost my voice for a week now. I'm finally getting better but with all this work, I don't know when it will be gone for good. Fingers crossed.
Posted by Cat at 12:59 AM
May 16, 2012
I came into Sephora today to help my girlfriend pick out some makeup. We ended up getting her some Nars blush, a brush, and some Make Up Forever Lipstick. It was pretty fast and she was pretty open to trying out new things... which led me to bring up a point (okay maybe more) about makeup...
ITS NOT PERMANENT!!! It's annoying when people point out which makeup look does not look good and make a big fuss about it. Makeup washes off. It would be simply boring to wear the same look everyday. Change it up and have fun with it. It's funny because some people say those who wear makeup are insecure with their looks, but in reality, many who don't wear makeup are actually too insecure and scared to wear makeup. They feel they can not pull off certain makeup looks or colors. Those are the ones that care more about what others think about them. Makeup is suppose to be fun and it can help bring out your best features. So why not wear it? And the whole argument about it ruining your skin. As long as you wash it off well everyday and you take care of your skin, its gonna be fine...
So back to shopping at Sephora... My latest obsession is cream blushes. It started with a simple MAC one and grew into a bunch of them. Then I recently got the Stila one and purchased a Philosophy pinky color one today. I tried on a Makeup Forever one at Sephora and really liked it. I think its the dewy natural look of it that I love. I find powder blushes to fade quickly and look blotchy at the end of the day. Cream blushes really are beautiful.
I am also really loving sheer foundations at the moment. They are great for work.
Posted by Cat at 1:57 AM
April 11, 2012
Here are my top 10 favorites for the month of March. They are not in any particular order...
1. Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation- Full coverage, yet very natural looking. Illamasqua recently came out and its $46 but very worth it. I love it so much I think I may consider using it if I get married on my wedding day. Thats how much I love it.
2. NYX's slide on eye liner pencil in tropical green- A rich, deep emerald green with green shimmer. The color is so intense and sultry. It lasts all day long. I used it as a base under my club eyeshadow by Mac and it looked insane. I love it.
3. Olay's Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream- I wouldn't say its the best but its affordable and I love the smell. It claims to have peptides that help your skin. I dont know if it makes a difference but I wake up loving the way my skin looks.
4. Olay's Mini Thermal Peel- I use this after washes once in awhile. It contains glycolic acid to help exfoliate. It's about $19 a tube but I think its worth it.
5. Make Up For Ever's Smokey Lash Mascara- I got this in a gift set. I love this mascara so much. It gives volume like crazy and some length.
6. Mac's Blushcreme in Bit Wit- I am in love with cream blushes. I love this color. It gives the prettiest pink that looks super natural.
7. Mac's Fix +- I have a love hate relationship with Fix + but recently I am loving it. I find my skin kinda dry so I give it a boost before applying makeup. I also use it for my pigments and even to wet my beauty blender. I sometimes use Fix + over makeup when my makeup can look to powdery.
8. Beauty Blender- I was so against this product when it first came out. I have fallen in love with it. I had no idea a sponge can make your foundation look so flawless. Amazing!
9. AmLactin moisturizer- Yep, just plain o Amlactin. It contains lactic acid which helps exfoliate the skin. I use it on my hands and feet to help soften the skin and boy does it work.
10. Yes to Carrots Melon Lip Butter- My favorite lip balm of March. It glides on wonderful and I smells amazing. It also nourishes the lips perfectly for me to apply lipstick. I also wear it to bed and wake up with the softest lips. LOVE!
Posted by Cat at 2:22 PM